Dhule district is one agricultural district of Maharashtra. The city of Dhule is the administrative headquarters of the district. The Dhule district previously comprised tracts of land predominantly inhabited by tribal population. Dhule district was then bifurcated on 1st July 1998 into two separate districts now known as Dhule and Nandurbar, the latter comprising the tribal region. The agriculture remains the basic profession of the population in Dhule district. Most parts of Dhule district are not under irrigation and thus cultivation heavily depends on regular monsoon or rain water. Apart from wheat, bajra, jowar or jwari, onion the most favored commercial crop is cotton.
Jalgaon District is a district of Maharashtra. It was known as East Khandesh until 21st October 1960. Its capital is the city of Jalgaon. Jalgaon District is bounded by the state of Madhya Pradesh to the north and by the districts of Buldhana to the east, Jalna District to the southeast, Aurangabad District to the south, Nashik District to the southwest, and Dhule District to the west.
Nandurbar District is an administrative district in the northwest corner of Khandesh Region of Maharashtra. On 1st July 1998 Dhule was bifurcated as two separate districts now known as Dhule and Nandurbar. Nandurbar district is bounded to the south and south-east by Dhule district, to the west and north is the state of Gujarat, to the north and north-east is the state of Madhya Pradesh. The northern boundary of the district is defined by the Narmada river.
Ahmednagar district is the largest district of Maharashtra. The historical Ahmednagar city is the headquarters of the district. Ahmednagar was the seat of the Ahmednagar Sultanate of late medieval period. This district is known for the towns of Shirdi associated with Sai Baba and Meherabad associated with Meher Baba. Ahmednagar district is part of Nashik Division. Ahmednagar District was created after the defeat of the Maratha Confederacy in the Third Anglo-Maratha War in 1818 AD, when most of the Peshwa's domains were annexed to British East India Company. The district remained part of the Central division of Bombay Presidency until India's independence in 1947, when it became part of Bombay and in 1960 the new state of Maharashtra.
(Last Updated on : 19-01-2017)
|More Articles in Districts of Maharashtra (138)|