History of Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library Navsari
This library was erected in the year 1898 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gayakwad of Vadodara and prior to its establishment a tiny library by the name of 'Sarvajanik Reading Room' was situated here which started operating since 1878. During 1898, both these libraries were merged together and it was referred to as 'Shri Sayaji Vaibhav Sarvajanik Pustakalaya'. Eventually, the library was completed in 1910 over the land which was donated by the inheritors of Ramdas Shivdas Modi, Khushaldas Narsinhdas Parekh and Gokaldas Narsinhdas Parekh. In the year 1911, this library was declared open.
Collections at Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library Navsari
There are about 88, 000 books in English, Urdu, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Marathi and Hindi languages, in the Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library Navsari. Readers can select from a large number of book genres including Astrology, Politics, Religion, Philosophy, General Knowledge, Environment, Sculpture, Commerce, Performing Arts, Theology, Music and Politics in this library of Gujarat. There are about 185 magazines on these above disciplines which are very useful to children and women. About 10, 000 books connected to Gandhian literature are present in the library which were all donated by the family of Shri Lallubhai Makanji Patel. Apart from all such interesting books, the library also contains other books on numerable subjects like Geography, Philosophy, Children's Literature, Geography, Economics, History, Science, Religion, Biographies, Travel and much more.
Sections of Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library Navsari
The Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library Navsari is well-equipped with numerous sections like the Reading Hall which is quite useful to readers who lack effectual reading facilities at home, an Audio-Visual Section, Children's Section which is enriched with 16, 780 books, Chanchalba Women's Section, Shri Lallubhai Makanji Patel Gandhian Literature Section and a Career Corner.