Deccan Radio is a popular South Indian internet radio station which operates 24x7. The name has been derived from Deccan Plateau which is a large plateau encompassing the major portion of the South India. In addition to English and Hindi, Deccan Radio broadcasts in all the South Indian languages. It started functioning on 6th July 2008. It utilizes SHOUTcast technology and broadcasts a number of interactive programs.
MyOpusRadio.com is the first internet radio station of India, based in Bengaluru, for broadcasting international music. It was launched in October 2008 for serving local as well as international bands. MyOpusRadio.com also provides customized music players and radio channels for websites associated with music and events. Another unique feature is the live streaming from the venues of various events. One can enjoy MyOpusRadio.com by streaming it on mobile phones as well.
Radio Dum Dum
Radio Dum Dum is the first Malayalam internet radio of the world, based in Kerala. In a very short span of time it has managed to earn great popularity among the Keralites throughout the world. The main contents of Radio Dum Dum include all types of Malayalam music and related programs. It is the only Malayalam radio that uses Spodradio, GPRS and Spodtronics technologies and can be enjoyed from anywhere in the world. It was launched in September 2005 by a group of youngsters in Cochin belonging to diverse fields of entertainment and information technology.
Radio Maska is accredited as the first live internet radio station of the country featuring live radio jockeys who play Bollywood music 24x7. Broadcasting from New Delhi, the station serves both Indian as well as NRI listeners. It has a huge popularity all over the globe and has 40 percent listeners from India while the rest 60 percent are the Indians dwelling outside India. Software such as Winamp, iTunes, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player can be used to stream Radio Maska, in addition to other mobile applications.
RadioJoyAlukkas.com is another Malayalam internet radio website which caters non stop entertainment to the Malayalees, 24x7. It is operated by the Joy Alukkas group and broadcasts a variety of programs like exclusive interviews with celebrities, live breaking news, comedy shows, songs in Hindi and Tamil and many more fun filled programs. It was launched on 6th November 2007.
RadioVeRVe is another popular internet radio station which operates from Bengaluru and is dedicated only to the independent music from India unlike other FM and internet radio stations. It started functioning from 1st June 2006 and since then has served Indian classical, regional language, heavy metal, rock and other genres of music.