The District Thana of Wadhwan was generally bordered by Lakhtar in the north; by Limbdi in the south and east; and by Wadhwan in the west. Most of the 17 estates in the territory were branches of Wadhwan. Later in the year 1935, the region was merged with Bhoika Thana in order to create the new territory of Wadhwan Bhoika Thana, for the purpose of convenience. It included 35 estates, which covered a total area of 347 sq miles and comprised of a total population of 38,719 in the year 1931.
History of Princely State of Kesaria
The Princely State of Kesaria or Kesria was not ruled by a single monarch but was shared by several estateholders, who held the title of shareholder. There were 2 main shareholders in Kesaria state. The sovereigns of the state of Kesaria were Jhala Rajputs, who were bhayats of the princely state of Lakhtar. The estateholders of the District Thana of Wadhwan were well educated and esteemed individuals. Moreover they were politically aware as well, unlike the estateholders of the other Kathiawar Thanas.
Administration of Princely State of Kesaria
The Princely State of Kesaria was incorporated as a part of the Baroda Agency, which was a sub division of the Western India States Agency. It was also a part of the Eastern Kathiawar Agency and the District Thana of Wadhwan. Later Kesaria became a part of the Indian state of Gujarat. The former native state was a non jurisdictionary Indian princely state. The shareholders of the princely state of Kesaria paid annual tribute to Wadhwan. Under the Attachment Scheme of 1943, the princely state of Kesaria was attached to the princely state of Lakhtar in June 1943. However in December 1946, the territory was detached from Lakhtar state and was attached to the princely state of Dhrangadhra.
Accession of Princely State of Kesaria
In the year 1948, the shareholders of Kesaria state acceded the princely state to the Dominion of India, also known as Union of India, after the country gained independence from the British Government and the partition of India on 15th August 1947.
|More Articles in Princely States of India (466)|