History of Shri Pindwara Teerth
According to history Shri Pindwara Teerth dates back to the ancient times. As per a reference earlier the teerth was named as Pindarvatak. As inscription can be seen on the temple that states that the temple was renovated by Kunvarpal, the father of Dharana Shah and Kumarpal's advisor Limba on the first day of the bright half of the month of Phalgun in the year 1465 of the Vikram Samvat Era. Kunvarpal has also been the renovator of the Ranakpur temple. An idol installed in the temple bears an inscription of the year 1229 on the Vikram Samvat Era. Thus it can be believed that the idol and the temple belong to a period of time earlier than the twelfth century of the Vikram Samvat Era. The idol of Lord Mahavira is believed to possess miraculous powers. Thousands of Jains and non Jains from far off places visit the temple to offer their prayers. It is believed that if prayed with all devotion the Lord fulfils the wishes of the pilgrims.
Temple of Shri Pindwara Teerth
The temple of Shri Pindwara Teerth houses the idol of Lord Mahavira. The Swetambara temple has been magnificently decorated with intricate artistic designs. The creative temple work boast about the skills of the craftsmen. The walls and pillars of the temple are adorned with specimens of ancient art and paintings. The artistic works of the metal idols of the Gupta Age are overwhelming and adorn the beauty of the temple. Two impressive metal idols can be seen in the Kayotsarga posture on the pandal in the depth of the temple. These attractive idols further enhance the beauty of the temple. The idol of the Lord is white in colour and is seated in a padmasana posture. The idol has been beautifully carved from a single stone and looks very appealing. The smiling face of the Lord looks very calm and serene. Apart from this amazing artistic ancient metal idols have been brought here from Vasantgadh. These gorgeous idols adorn the beauty of the temple and are worth seeing. An inscription of the year 744 of the Vikram Samvat Era can be seen on one of the idols.
The Temple of Shri Pindwara Teerth organises many annual gatherings and functions. Every year on the sixth day of the dark half of the month of Vaishakha, a flag is hoisted here. There are provisions for dharamshalas or rest houses for the pilgrims. These are well equipped with all modern facilities. Apart from this there are Upashrays, an Ayambilshala and a Jnanabhandar. The teertha is situated amidst beautiful natural surroundings. The temple is enclosed by scenic beauty that mesmerises and fascinates the pilgrims. The calm and tranquil environment and the surrounding greenery make it a suitable place for religious activities. The kshetra is well connected to road, rail and air. Taxi services and bus services are easily available here. The nearest bus stop is located at Pindwara. The nearest railway station is also located at Sirohi Road at a distance of 17 kms. The closest airport is located at Udaipur and Ahmedabad. The chief city of Bamanwada is located at a distance of 8 km from this teerth kshetra.
|More Articles in Jain Pilgrimages in India (298)|