History of Princely State of Phulera
The Princely State of Phulera was formed in the first half of 19th century, after the then nawab of Amb, Painda Khan, granted it to Madad Khan, his younger brother. The grant was confirmed by Jahandad Khan, the son of Painda Khan, on his accession to the throne. The native ruler of the state held the title of Khan, who belonged to the Hindwal division of the Tanawali tribe. The territory Phulera was a non- salute princely state. The authority of the Khan of the princely state of Phulrah was defined by the Regulation II of 1900 which vested civil, criminal and revenue administration on the native ruler, excluding the criminal cases conducted against the state and murder.
The native state of Phulera or Phulrah was a dependency of the Amb State. The associations between the 2 rulers of the states were not particularly described in the Regulation, although in the scheme defining the borders the estates of the Khan of Phulera state were declared to be held by that chief from and under the Chief of Amb. Its subordination has been merely nominal and for all practical purposes it was regarded as independent of its superior neighbour. Most of the territory of princely state of Phulera was under the control of the holders of villages known as Guzarakhors. The share of the revenue of the Khan of the erstwhile princely state was considerably lesser than that of the Nawab of the state of Amb.
After the country gained independence in the year 1947, the state was acceded to the Union of India. Presently, Phulera is a municipality and a city in the district of Jaipur in Rajasthan state, India.