Location of Princely State of Pandu
Pandu State was bounded by the princely state of Chhaliar in the north and west; by the region of Kasla-pagi nu-Muvadu in the east, and by the and by the British Panch Mahals in the south and northeast.
History of Princely State of Pandu
The princely state of Pandu was claimed by more than one native prince who were formally addressed as shareholders. There were 6 such shareholders and around 18 bhagdars in the region. The shareholders of the state were Pathans by origin and were known as Khanzadas. They received the title, along with the town, from the native ruler of the princely state of Champaner. The rule of male primogeniture, by which the first born or eldest child of the same parents the first born or eldest child of the same parents, to the exclusion of all others, was not followed in the succession of the throne or gadi of the princely state of Pandu.
Pandu state was mainly a non jurisdictionary princely state of India. The Princely State of Pandu paid annual tribute to the princely state of Baroda. According to the Attachment Scheme of 1943, the princely state of Pandu was attached to the princely state of Baroda.
After the political withdrawal of the British Supremacy and the partition of India on 15th August 1947, the princely state was acceded to the newly independent Dominion of India, which was also known as Union of India.