History of Princely State of Khojan Khera
The Solanki Rajputs were the ruling family of the princely state of Khojan Khera. The native rulers of the territory held the title of Thakor. The ruling family had settled in the region from the 11th century. After the death of the then Thakor of Khojan Khera state in the year 1751, the assets and properties of the ruling family was divided between the 3 sons of the monarch. As a result of this, the territories of Khojan Khera, Uparwara and Shujoata were formed. The Princely State of Khojan Khera was a guaranteed feudatory of the princely state of Jaora. In the year 1823, the initial jagir was guaranteed with the villages of Bahadurpura, Arniagujar and Khojan Khera on payment of annual rent to Jaora state. During the year 1835, the region of Arniagujar and almost half of the territory of Bahadurpura were resumed by the princely state of Jaora.
The Thakor of the princely state of Khojan Khera held several villages on istimrar, which was a hereditary tenure at a fixed quit rent, from the local government of Jaora state under guarantee of British administration in India. The native ruler of Khojan Khera state took charge of the administration of the state. The Resident of British India, also known as the Political Agent, managed the associations of the state with the British Government and other states.
After the political withdrawal of the British Supremacy and the partition of Indiain the year 1947, the last native ruler of the erstwhile princely state of Khojan Khera or Khojankhera, who was the ninth of his line, acceded the state to the newly formed Dominion of India or Union of India.