The erstwhile princely state of Kankasiali was under the administrative control of the Baroda Agency, which was incorporated as a part of the Western India States Agency. Later the territory was merged with the state of Gujarat. The state was also a part of the Western Kathiawar Agency and Lodhika Thana as well. Lodhika Thana, which covered a total area of 268 sq miles with a total population of 9,783 in 1931, included around nine estates. These regions were located in the western and central Kathiawar; and were spread from the territory of Jamnagar in the west to the state of Babra in the east. Most of the estates were branches of the Jadeja states. The territory consisted of almost a total of 196 estateholders, including bhagdars and talukdars, in the year 1940. Further more, the village of Lodhika, wgich was shared by the 2 jurisdictional talukas of Lodhika, was under the jurisdiction of the thana.
The princely state of Kankasiali or Kangashiale was a non- jurisdictionary state and was claimed by more than one native prince, who were formally addressed as shareholders. There are 6 such estateholders, including bhagdars and talukdars, in the state. The Jadeja Rajputs, bhayats of Shahpur, were the shareholders the territory. The native state paid annual tribute to the princely state of Junagadh. According to the Attachment Scheme of 1943, the princely state of Kankasiali was attached to the princely state of Nawanagar.
In the year 1947, the former native state of Kankasiali was acceded to the newly formed Union of India, also known as Dominion of India, after the nation gained independence from the British administration and the partition of India. The erstwhile princely state is presently a part of the state of Gujarat.