The other block was a remote island, which was located 2 miles to the east; and comprised of the Bhelpur village. The region was bordered by Chhota Udepur (Udaipur) in the east and by Baroda on all other sides. The Princely State of Chorangla was incorporated as a part of the Baroda Agency, which was a sub division of the Western India States Agency. After the Indian independence, the state was merged with the modern Indian state of Gujarat.
The Rathor (Rathod) Rajputs were the ruling family of the state of Chorangla. During the latter half of the 19th century, the region of Chorangla was segmented into 6 parts, namely Chorangla (included 8 villages); Sarsauda (included 3 villages); Bhelpur (included 1 village); Time (included 2 villages); Vardle (included 2 villages); and Deroli (included 1 village). The succession of the royal throne of Chorangla state was governed by the rule of male primogeniture.
The Princely State of Chorangla was a non- jurisdictionary native state. The native ruler of the area held the title of Thakor and was invested with restricted personal jurisdictional authority. The territory paid and even received some amounts from the princely state of Chhota Udaipur. Further more, the princely state of Chorangla paid annual tribute to Baroda. The state of Chorangla was attached to Baroda according the plans set under the Attachment Scheme of 1943.
After the withdrawal of the British and the independence of India on 15th August 1947, the last native ruler of Chorangla, acceded his state to the newly formed Union of India, also known as the Dominion of India.