History of Princely State of Bhoja Kheri
The Sondhia Rajputs, a sub division of the Padyar, were the ruling family of the state of Bhoja Kheri. The ruling family settled in the territory around the year 1740. The native ruler of the state held the title of Thakor and was Hindu by religion. The Thakor of Bhoja Kheri or Bhojakeri took charge of the administration of the region and supervised the internal affairs of the state. The Political Agent, also known as Resident of British India, managed the associations of the native ruler and the state with the British Government of India and other native states. The Thakor of the state, who was also styled as Rawat, exercised very limited judicial authority. The Princely State of Bhoja Kheri was a guaranteed tributary of Dewas Senior state. It comprised of the unguaranteed villages of Naveli and Borkhedi and the guaranteed village of Bhojakeri in the Alot pargana of Dewas Senior.
The native ruler of the state also held the village of Sidra, located in the Gangrar pargana, according to the original agreement, which was guaranteed by the British authorities. Sidra was later reassigned to the princely state of Jhalawar after the year 1838.
After the country attained freedom from the rule of the British Government in India on 15th August 1947, the nation was divided through the partition of India. The erstwhile princely states of India were provided the decision of acceding to either the newly independent Union of India or the Dominion of Pakistan. The last Thakor of the princely state of Bhoja Kheri or Bhojakeri decided to accede to the Republic of India.