The Princely State of Bhadaura was one of the former princely states of India that were administered by native rulers or Indian princes under the indirect control of the British Government of India. The territory covered a total area of 50 sq miles and comprised of a total population of 2,275 according to the census of 1901. The erstwhile princely state of Bhadaura included around 16 villages. After the independence of India in the year 1947, the native state was acceded to the newly formed Union of India, also known as the Dominion of India. The native ruler of the state took charge of the administration of the territory. Further more, he supervised the internal issues and affairs of the region. The association of Bhadaura state with the British authorities and other native states was managed by a political agent, also known as Resident of British India.
History of Princely State of Bhadaura
The Sisodia Rajputs were the ruling family of the princely state of Bhadaura. The clan descended from the house of Udaipur. The son of Himmat Singh of Umri, Jagat Singh Sisodia, initially acquired the state of Bhadaura in the year 1720. The chiefship was founded in the year 1820 when Scindia granted 5 villages to Man Singh as a replacement for his undertaking to put an end to the devastations of the raiding girasia. The native ruler of the state, who held the title of Raja, received guarantees from the British Empire in India in the years 1821 and 1822. The succession was unsuccessful in the year 1913 and the state escheated to Gwalior.
The princely state of Bhadaura was acceded to the newly formed Republic of India after the British withdrawal and the partition of India. Presently Bhadaura is located in Guna district, in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
(Last Updated on : 16-06-2012)