Rewa Kantha was subordinate to the government of Bombay Presidency. The territory spanned 150 miles from the plain of Gujarat to the hills of Malwa, between the Tapti River to the Mahi River crossing the Rewa or Narmada River. The name of the agency is derived from the name of the Rewa River.
The Rewa Kantha Agency consisted of around sixty one Indian princely states, most of which were under the jurisdiction of the British Government of India. Rajpipla was the largest state in the agency and was located on the bank of Goma River, close to Kalol in Panchmahal district. Rajpipla was in the Bakrol taluqdari estate in panchmahal, also known as Boru Bakrol, which was situated near Boru Village. Bakrol Gohil Rajputs originated from the Rajpipla Gohil dynasty who were ancesters of Thakur Rudoji Visoji Thakur of Gogha. The Rewa Kantha Agency also included 5 second class princely states, namely Balasinor state, Lunawada, Santrampur state, Devgadh Bariya state and Chhota Udaipur. The agency covered a total area of 12,877 sq km and the total population of the region in the year 1901 was 479,065. Kolis and Bhils comprised most of the inhabitants of the territory. The princely states in the Rewa Kantha Agency came under the authority and suzerainty of the British administration after the Third Anglo Maratha War during the early 19th century.
After India achieved independence on 15th August 1947, the rulers of the various princely states acceded to the newly formed Union of India, also known as the Dominion of India, and the agency was incorporated into Bombay State. Later in the year 1960, the state of Bombay was divided along linguistic lines and Rewa Kantha Agency became part of the state of Gujarat.