The Princely State of Jambughoda was bounded by the territory of Baria in the north; by Chhota Udepur (Udaipur) in the east; by Baroda in the south; and by the British district of Panch Mahals in the west.
History of Princely State of Jambughoda
The Parmar Rajputs were the ruling family of the Princely State of Jambughoda, who founded the territory during the initial years of the thirteenth century. During the reign of Thakor Jagat Singh, Jambughoda state came under the protection of the British East India Company by agreeing to pay half of the revenue of the state in exchange for protection from repression and the assurance of progressive government. The former native state was under the indirect rule of the British administration from 1839 to 1917. Succession of the throne was governed by the rule of male primogeniture. Jambughoda state was a non- salute princely state. The native ruler of the state, who held the title of Thakor, exercised substantial civil and criminal jurisdiction. The personal jurisdiction of the Thakor of the princely state of Jambughoda was permanently reassigned to the state in October, 1931. The erstwhile princely state paid tribute to the princely state of Baroda.
During the 1930s, the Princely State of Jambughoda was admitted as one of the constituent members of the Chamber of Princes, a number of smaller states indirectly represented by 12 princes who were elected periodically by them. The progressive and efficient administration of the state of Jambughoda exempted it from attaching of states under the Attachment Scheme of 1943. The native ruler of the princely state held the title of Thakor and the style of Rana. The ruling chiefs who exercised jurisdictional powers were officially addressed as Meherban.
After the withdrawal of the British and the independence of India on 15th August 1947, the native ruler acceded his state to the newly formed Union of India, also known as the Dominion of India. Later the territory was merged with the modern Indian state of Gujarat.