Some of the main attractions of Pilibhit District are as follows -
Jama Masjid: Many big buildings were constructed in the Mughal period. A replica of Jama Masjid, Delhi was built in Pilibhit by Hafiz Rahmat Khan in 1769. Previously there was a pond at this place. The gateway is built in Mughal style, while the wall around the mosque enclosure shows curvilinear structure.
Chhathavi Padshahi Gurudwara: This is a 400-year-old Gurudwara. It is said that Guru Gobind Singh visited this place on the way to Nanakmatta. He established a Gurudwara here on the name of Guru Har Gobind and named it Chattvi Padshahi Gurudwara. In 1983, one of the famous social servants in area Sri Baba Faoj Singh reconstructed this beautiful shrine.
Gauri Shankar Temple: This temple is around 250 years old. This is situated in at the banks of rivers Devha and Khakra. Every year a fair is organised here on the occasions of Shivaratri, Raksha Bandhan and on every Monday of Shravan month.
Ardhanarishwer Temple: Ardhanarishwer Temple is a newly constructed and well-decorated temple. This temple is visited by huge number of devotees during Shravan month and on the occasion of Mahashivratri. Another attraction of this temple is Kali Puja, organised on the occasion of Diwali. Thousands of devotees take part in the puja.
Jaisantri Devi Temple: It is one of the sacred places of the district. The temple becomes very crowded during Navaratri. The temple compound also has a Peepul tree which is believed to be more than 200 years old and it witnessed the Sepoy mutiny in 1857. This temple has great historical and religious importance.
Raja Venu ka Tila: It is located in the Puranpur Tehsil of District Pilibhit. There was a Mahal of Raja Venu at this tila. Ruins are still found that tells the flourishing story of the King at that time.
Methodist Church: This Church was founded in the year 1947.
Raja ji Temple: Raja Lalta Prasad and Sahau Har Prasad, belonging to the royal family of Pilibhit worked together and attained lot of fame and prosperity. Their contribution in making the town of Pilibhit well-known in the region was immense. Raja Lalta Prasad (1872-1924) along with his brother Sahu Har Prasad (1875-1953) apart from setting up businesses, such as the Lalit hari sugar mills took interest in the development of the region and established the Lalit Hari Sanskrit and Ayurvedic college, the Radha Ramanji temple, dharamshalas at various places of the city.
Devha-Ghaghra Sangum: Devha River joins Ghaghara River at a place named Bharmchari Ghat, next to the Ayurvedic college campus in the Khakra locality of the city. Every year on the occasion of Kartik Purnima, a big fair is organised here and large numbers of devotees come here to offer prayers.
Old Pilibhit: The present town is of comparatively recent origin but there is still a village known as Old Pilibhit standing on the left bank of the Khakra River. This village had always been occupied by the Banjara tribe of the Periya clan.
All these places of interest are worth visiting. Pilibhit District is well connected by Bus and train route.
|More Articles in Pilibhit District (2)|