One of the main attractions of Ziro is a number of valleys, which are uneven and dotted with a number of hillocks below the lust paddy field. The area is rich in biological diversity having varied flora and fauna. Further, on its east, a high edge, which demarcates the plateau from the wooded hills of the lower region, is having some important peaks. Like for instance, the Salin peak is on the old Apatani trade way to North Lakhimpur. The natural charm and serenity of this place makes the tourist places of Ziro more attractive.
The main tourist attractions of Ziro are as follows -
* Kile Pakho - Kile Pakho is a ridge positioned at 7 kms from old Ziro. One can have a clear view of Ziro plateau on one side and snow range of Himalaya Mountains called "Nyime Pembu" on the other side.
* Pine Groove - This Pine clad area located around 3 kms from old Ziro is another popular attraction.
* Ziro Putu - It is a Hillock at old Ziro where first administrative centre was set up after India's independence and Indian Armycantonment was located here. From this hillock one can have bird's eye view of the Apatani plateau.
* Dolo Mando - This hillock is positioned at near about 2 kms from Hapoli towards Old Ziro. One can trek to the top to see the Hapoli Town in one side and old Ziro on other side.
* District Industries Centre - It is located at around 1 km from District Headquarter Ziro (Hapoli), where traditional handlooms & handicrafts and others traditional items are displayed and they are also available for sale at competitive rate.
* Paapu - It is the first administrative centre established here before independence.
* Hapoli - Hapoli is the headquarter of Lower Subansiri District Administration. Further, the residence of Deputy Commissioner as well as Circuit House is located at a hillock. Hapoli Township offers a charming view.
* Tarin Fish Farm - It is located about 3.5 kms from Hapoli town; one can see beautiful high altitude fish farm where procreation of high altitude fishes is done.
* Talley Wild Life Sanctuary - The Talley Wild Life Sanctuary is one of the most beautiful forests rich with diverse flora and fauna that are ranging from sub-tropical to alpine forests. It is enclosed with impenetrable vegetations marked by giant silver fir trees, a variety of orchids, ferns and varieties of bamboo. In fact, this wild life sanctuary of Ziro is considered as a must visit. It is also known as biodiversity hot spot and is located away near about 32 kms north east of Ziro.
* Dilopolyang Maniipolyang - This twin hillock on the way to Talley Valley is a scenic grassland land underneath the natural forests. Moreover, the area is part of extension of Hapoli Township.
Further, the Paddy cum fish cultivation practiced in this place is described as another main attraction. It is a famous innovative cultivation practice followed in Apatani plateau, where fishes are raised along with paddy cultivation. Tourists can also explore Bamboo Groove here. It is one of the expert practices of farm forestry followed where one stem monopodial Bamboo is grown along with blue clad pine. Apart from these tourist attractions, Ziro also offers several adventurous trekking options.
|More Articles in Districts of Arunachal Pradesh (86)|