Antpur, about 62 km away from Kolkata once was a zamindari of Krishnaram Mitra. The special attraction of the place is the profuse concentration of the temple, built probably in 18th century. The prominent among them is the "atchala" temple, which houses the family idol of Radha- Govinda. The structure of the temple is also a significant attraction for the tourist. The "atchala" structure guards a "charchala" mandap, in front known as "Jagamohan", placed on a high pedestal, approached by the stairs. The terracotta panels around the walls of Jagamohan, depicting the story of the epics are another key attraction about the temple. The "Chandimandap" is an object of interest and it is the only one of its structure extant in West Bengal. Antpur is also famous as the village home of Baburam Ghosh (later known as Swami Premananda) where Swami Vivekananda and eight other disciples of Sri Ramakrishna took a vow of "Sanyaas".
The remnants of the Church and Monastery in Bandel built around 1660 by the colonizer are the replica of the Portuguese settlement here. Bandel Church is the oldest Church in West Bengal. Bandel, a heritage place representing the diversified culture attracts tourists throughout the year.
Chandernagore on the bank of river Hooghly, which was once a French Colony, fetches tourist mainly for its scenic beauty. The Churches, convents and the residences of the French Administrator are the interesting buildings here left by the French.
The key attraction of Kamarpukur roots from the fact that it is the birthplace of Shree Ramakrishna. Consequently the place is invested with immense religious interest. The Ramkrishna Mission has erected a memorial temple here. The annual celebration of the birthday of Shree Ramakrishna is the principal festival of the village, which fetches a large amount of pilgrims.
Jairambati, in close proximity of Kamarpukur is the native land of Maa Sarada, consort of Shree Ramakrishna is another principal religious site. The mass of pilgrims constitutes the vast chunk of tourist in the region.
Tarakeswar is the renowned pilgrimage and the greatest centre of the Shaiva sect in West Bengal. The principal attraction here is the "atchala" temple of Lord Shiva, commonly called "Baba Taraknath" with a "natmandir" in front. The shrines of the Goddess Kali and Lakshmi- Narayan pivots round the temple of Taraknath. Dudhppukur, a tank to the north of the Shiva Temple is believed to fulfill the prayers of those taking dip in it. It attracts pilgrims on the occasion of "Sivaratri" and "Gajan". In the month of Sravana celebration are held in every Monday. Tarakeswar temple at the same time of fetching the pilgrims also enticed a large variety of tourist for its beautiful structure.
Chinsurah, a Dutch Settlement in the since 1656 till 1850 at Hooghly, is famous for the Fort Guatavus Church, three barracks and the old tombs, which bears the specimen of the past days. Another worthy site is the Hoogly Imambara, constructed by Hazi Mohammed Mohsin in the year 1836.The gateway of the building is flanked with the lofty minarets and the doors are decorated with the lines from the Koran and the interiors has rich carvings and inlaid marble motifs.
Erstwhile Fredricknagar presently identified as the Serampore was the seat of missionary activity from 1793 to 1834. As a Danish settlement it owes a significant place in the history of Bengal. The house of Danish Governor, the Roman Catholic and the St. Olaf Church still stands here as the testimonial reference of the Danish settlement here. The museum of the Serampore College is of enormous interest. Hooghly District is a dual blend of cultural and religious heritage, which draw a vast crowd towards it.