History of Bhismaknagar
It is heard that during 12th to 16th Century BC, Bhismaknagar was under the hold of the Chutiya Kingdom. The archaeological excavation of this town in the later periods has confirmed the presence of the Chutiya kingdom as stated in Assam chronicles. Bhismaknagar has been identified with Sadhayapuri, which was the political centre of the Chutiya Kingdom.
Bhismaknagar Fort situated about 30 km far from Roing, was built during the 8th century BC. This fort is located in the Dibang Valley District. The fort has a symbolic value and is one of the holy heritage places of the Idu Mishmis. The fort from the top provides a panoramic view of the entire Bhismaknagar region. The structure of this fort covers an area of around 1860.52 sq meters, and houses three halls, six entrances and two extension rooms. The decoration, made by the burnt bricks, gives this fort an impressive and remarkable top view and thus explores the dexterity of people of ancient era. This fort is signified as an astonishing work of art. The architecture of the fort displays the primeval culture. During the excavation of some portion of the fort, the pieces of work of art like potteries, terracotta figurines, terracotta plaques and decorative tiles have been preserved. The relics of the fort talk about the introduction of Synthetic fabric in India made by the Idu Mishmi tribe.
Visiting Information on Bhismaknagar
Nearest railway station to reach Bhismaknagar is at Tinusukia. Nearest airport is Tezu Airport. National Highway 27 connects this place to other major parts of the country.