History of Princely State of Vana
The Princely State of Vana was not ruled by a single monarch but was shared by several shareholders, who held the title of shareholders. The estateholders of the state of Vana were Jhala Rajputs, bhayats of Wadhwan. The estateholders of the District Thana of Wadhwan were well learned and educated individuals who were politically aware, contrasting to the shareholders in other Kathiawar Thanas.
Administration of Princely State of Vana
The Princely State of Vana was incorporated as a part of the Baroda Agency, which was under the administrative control of Western India States Agency. It was also a part of the Eastern Kathiawar Agency and the District Thana of Wadhwan. The District Thana of Wadhwan was usually bounded by Lakhtar in the north; by the princely state of Limbdi in the south and the east; and by Wadhwan in the west. Most of the 17 estates were the branches of Wadhwan. Later in the year 1935, the region was merged with Bhoika Thana in order to create the new territory of Wadhwan Bhoika Thana. It included 35 estates, which covered a total area of 347 sq miles and comprised of a total population of 38,719 in the year 1931.
The former native state was a non- jurisdictionary state. The shareholders of the princely state of Vana paid annual tribute to Wadhwan. Under the Attachment Scheme of 1943, the princely state of Vana was attached to Wadhwan.
Accession of Princely State of Vana
The shareholders of the princely state of Vana acceded the state to the newly independent Union of India after the political withdrawal of the British Government of India from the country on 15th August 1947. After the country was divided between India and Pakistan, the native rulers of the states were given the option of acceding to either the Union of India or the Dominion of Pakistan. The native shareholders of Vana state decided to merge with the Republic of India.
|More Articles in Princely States of India (466)|