History of Princely State of Uparwara
The Solanki Rajputs were the ruling family of the princely state of Uparwara. The native rulers of the territory held the title of Thakor. The ruling family claimed to have settled in the state since the 11th century. After the demise of the then Thakor of Uparwara state in the year 1751, the assets and properties of the ruling family was divided between the 3 sons of the monarch. As a result of this, the territories of Khojan Khera, Uparwara and Shujoata were formed. The Princely State of Uparwara was a guaranteed feudatory of the princely state of Jaora. In the year 1823, the initial grant was guaranteed with the villages of Uparwara, Chandankheri and Palakheri which formed up the territory. During the year 1835, the region of Arniagujar and almost half of the territory of Bahadurpura were resumed by the princely state of Jaora.
The Thakor of the princely state of Uparwara held many villages on istimrar, which was a hereditary tenure at a fixed quit rent, from the local government of Jaora state under guarantee of British Government of India. The Thakor of Uparwara state in charge of supervision of the administration of the state; where as the Resident of British India, also known as the Political Agent, managed the associations of the state with the British Government and other Indian princely states.
The last native ruler of the state of Uparwara, who was the fourth of his line after the division of the original territory, acceded the princely state to the Dominion of India, also known as Union of India, after the country gained independence from the British rule in on 15th August 1947.
(Last Updated on : 13-07-2012)
|More Articles in Princely States of India (466)|