Location of Princely State of Hathasni
The Princely State of Hathasni was incorporated as a part of the Baroda Agency, which was a sub division of the Western India States Agency. Later the territory was merged with the state of Gujarat. The state was also under the administrative control of the Eastern Kathiawar Agency and the Chok Datha Thana as well.
Chok Datha Thana, which covered a total area of 115 sq miles and comprised of a total population of 24,782 in the year 1931. The region included around 23 estates and almost 22 estates of them were situated in a compacted area near Chok. The territory contained a virtual enclave in southern Bhavnagar, except a general border with Palitana in the north. The remaining taluka of Datha was located around 10 miles from the other states. It was entirely encompassed by the princely state of Bhavnagar. There were around 909 estate holders in the thana and almost all of them were Sarvaiya Rajputs. Some of the shareholders were low caste Hindus as well.
History of Princely State of Hathasni
The princely state of Hathasni or Hathasni Chok was claimed by more than one monarch, who was officially known as shareholders. There are several estateholders, including bhagdars and talukdars, in the state. The Sarvaiya Rajputs were the shareholders the territory, who took refuge in the region after they were expelled by the Kathis from Sarvi. Along with the princely state of Chok, the Princely State of Hathasni was attached to the princely state of Bhavanagar, under the Attachment Scheme of 1943.
The share holders of the princely state of Hathasni or Hathasni Chok moved up the territory to the newly independent Union of India after the political withdrawal of the British Government of India from the country on 15th August 1947. After the country was divided between India and Pakistan, the native rulers were given the choice of acceding to either the Dominion of India or the Dominion of Pakistan. The estateholders of the state decided to merge with the Republic of India.
|More Articles in Princely States of India (466)|