(Last Updated on : 10/04/2012)
The Princely State of Aundh was in the Deccan States Agency division of the Bombay Presidency
during the rule of the British Empire in India
. Aundh state was one of the Satara Jagirs along with Jath State, Phaltan State, Bhor
State and the princely state of Akkalkot
. The state was founded by Parshuram Tryambak Pant Pratinidhi in the year 1699. He was a General and an administrator during the era of Rajaram Maharaj and Sambhaji Raje. During the period of 1700 to 1705, he played an outstanding role in seizing various forts such as Ajinkyatara at Satara, Panhala Fort and Bhupalgad from Mughals. The Hindu rulers of the Bhor state belonged to the Deshastha Brahmin caste, the oldest Hindu Brahmin sub-caste mainly from Maharashtra
state. The native rulers of the state used the title of Pant Pratinidhi.
The Princely State of Aundh covered a total area of 1298 sq km. The official flag of the princely state of India was a rectangular orange banner. In the year 1911, Aundh state severely suffered from a plague that adversely affected the people of the territory. His Highness Meherban Shrimant Raja Bhavan Rao Shrinivas Bala Sahib Pant Pratinidhi of Aundh was the last ruler of the princely state. On 8th March 1948, Aundh statewas acceded to the Union of India.
The Indian princes, also referred to as Rajas, who ruled over the one of the most noted princely states of India, Aundh State, held the official tile of Pant Pratinidhi. The chronology of the rulers or Rajas of the princely state of Aundh are discussed below-
* Parusharam Trimbak Pant Pratinidhi (1697- 1718)
* Shrinivasrao Parashuram Pant Pratinidhi (1718- 1746)
* Jagjivanrao Parashuram Pant Pratinidhi (1746- 1754)
* Shrinivasrao Gangadhar Pant Pratinidhi (1754- 1776)
* Bhavanrao Pant Pratinidhi (1776- 1777)
* Parashuramrao Shrinivas Pant Pratinidhi (1777- 1848)
* Shrinivasrao Parashuram Pant Pratinidhi Anna Sahib (1848- 1901)
* Parashuramrao Shrinivas Pant Pratinidhi Dada Sahib (1901- 1905)
* Gopalkrishnarao Parashuram Pant Pratinidhi Nana Sahib (1905- 1909)
* Bhawanrao Shriniwasrao Pant Pratinidhi Bala Sahib (1909- 1947)
Further more, Parshuram Rao Pant served as the Prime Minister of the princely state from the year 1944 to 1948.