Bulandshahr District is an administrative district of Uttar Pradesh with its headquarters located at Bulandshahr city. Bulandshahr District is situated in Meerut region. This district lies between Ganga River
and Yamuna River
. This is situated between 28.4 degree and 28 degree north latitudes and between 77 degree and 78 degree east longitudes. Bulandshahr District is about 84 km in length and 62 km in breadth. The district is around 237.44 meters above the sea level. Ganga River in the east separates Bulandshahr District from Moradabad and Badaun districts and in the west Yamuna River separates the district from Haryana
. In the north of Bulandshahr District is Ghaziabad
and in south east is the border of Aligarh District.
History of Bulandshahr District
History of Bulandshahr District begins even before 1200 BC. This region is nearer to the capital of Pandavas
- Indraprastha and Hastinapur
. After the decline of Hastinapur, Ahar
which is situated in the north east of district Bulandshahr became an important place for Pandavas. With the passage of time, king Parma made a fort on this part of region and a king named Ahibaran laid the foundation of a tower called Baran (Bulandshahr). Since it was perched on a highland it came to be known as high city which ultimately came to be known as Bulandshahr. Further, the ancient ruins found at places Bhatora, Veerpur, Ghalibpur, etc. are some of the symbols of antiquity of Bulandshahr District. There are several other important places of historical importance in this district. Even today several historical and ancients objects such as coins, inscriptions etc. are preserved in State Museum, Lucknow. In 1857, Bulandshahr could not remain aloof during the first war of independence against the British rule.
There are several important towns in Bulandshahr District such as Sikandrabad, Shikarpur, Siyana, Dibai
, Jehangirabad, Khurja, Bulandshahr, Gulaothi