Early Life of Hansraj Bharadwaj
Hansraj Bharadwaj was born on 17th May 1937 to father Late Shri Jagan Nath Prasad Sharma and mother Late Shrimati Sarti Devi at Village Garhi, P.O. Sampla, Distt. Rohtak (Haryana). He received his educated at G.B.C.High School, Rohtak, B.M.College, Shimla, Agra University and Punjab University, Chandigarh and obtained M.A., LL.B., and Doctor of Laws.
Political Life of Hansraj Bharadwaj
Throughout his political career, Hansraj Bharadwaj held the following positions:
* 1972-77 Public Prosecutors for Delhi Administration in Delhi High Court
* 1980-March 1982 Senior Standing Counsel for State of Uttar Pradesh in the Supreme Court of India April
* 1982 Elected to Rajya Sabha April
* 1988 Re-elected to Rajya Sabha April
* 1988-90 Senior Vice-President, Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies
* Dec.1984 - Nov.1989 Minister of State in the Ministry of Law and Justice
* 21 June 1991- 2 July 1992 Minister of State (Independent Charge) in the Ministry of Planning and Programme Implementation
* 3 July 1992-May 1996 Minister of State in the Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs
* April 1994 Re-elected to Rajya Sabha
* 1996 onwards Member, Committee of Privileges, Rajya Sabha
* 1998 - Feb. 2004 Member, Committee on Home Affairs
* April 2000 Re-elected to Rajya Sabha
* May 2000 onwards Member, Advisory Council of the Delhi Development Authority
* 30 May 2002 onwards Member, Business Advisory Committee
* May 2004 onwards Minister of Law and Justice.
Hansraj Bharadwaj has also visited many places in abroad and participated in law conferences and seminars at Bangkok, Tokyo, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Manila, Fletcher School of Diplomacy at Tuffts University in Boston (U.S.A.) and attended the 4th Congress of the Edek Socialist Party of Cyprus at Nicosia, International Law Association Conferences held in Seoul in 1986 and Warsaw in 1988, Commonwealth Law Ministers' Conference in Mauritius and Malaysia in 1994 and 1996 respectively; Leader of parliamentary delegation to the Republic of Korea in 1989; Honorary Chairman, International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Hansraj Bharadwaj has also been the member of (i) Bar Associations of District Court, Delhi, the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India, (ii) Bar Association of India, (iii) Legal Affairs Committee for Asian Games, 1982, (iv) Indo-U.S. Sub-Commission for Education and Culture, 1982-84, (v) Law Asia, (vi) International Law Association and (vii) United International Advocates (U.I.A.).
Hansraj Bharadwaj as Author
Hansraj Bharadwaj has also authored many books like "Law, Lawyers and Judges", "Soul of India" and "Crime, Criminal Justice and Human Rights".
Personal Life of Hansraj Bharadwaj
Hansraj Bharadwaj is married to Shrimati Prafulata Bhardwaj and the couple has two daughters and one Son. Hansraj Bharadwaj is by profession Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India.