History of Shri Zadoli - Jhadoli Teerth
According to history Shri Zadoli - Jhadoli Teerth dates back to the ancient times and is regarded to be more than 800 years old. As per reference earlier the teerth kshetra was a rich and a prosperous city and was resided by many people. It was then known as Zadvalli or Zav Valli in old times. The temple has inscriptions of the years 1234 and 1236 of the Vikram Samvat Era. There is an inscription that in the year 1252 of the Vikram Samvat Era, the temple was renovated. Six squares were built by the King Dhruva Dharavarsha of the city of Chandravati. The king had even repaired and renovated the temple. A stepped well (vav) was gifted to the Jain Sangha by the Queen Shrungardevi, the wife of King Dharavarsha in 1255 of the Vikram Samvat Era. It is called the Lokdev Vav.
The idol of Bhagwan Rishabh Dev is believed to possess miraculous powers. Thousands of Jains and non Jains from far off places visit the temple to offer their prayers. It is believed that if prayed with all devotion the Lord fulfils the wishes of the pilgrims.
Temple of Shri Zadoli - Jhadoli Teerth
The temple of Shri Zadoli - Jhadoli Teerth houses the idol of Bhagwan Rishabh Dev. The Swetambara temple has been magnificently decorated with intricate artistic designs. The creative temple work boast about the skills of the craftsmen. The walls and pillars of the temple are adorned with specimens of ancient art and paintings. The idol of the Lord is 60 cm in height and is white in colour. It is seated in a padmasana posture. The idol has been beautifully carved from a single stone and looks very appealing. The smiling face of the Lord looks very calm and serene. Apart from this there are other temples dedicated to Shri Bheruji, Manibhadra Vir and Shri Ghantakarna Mahavira.
The Temple of Shri Zadoli - Jhadoli Teerth organises many annual gatherings and functions. Every year a flag is hoisted on the temple on the sixth day of the bright half of the month of Magasar. There are provisions for dharamshalas or rest houses for the pilgrims. These are well equipped with all modern facilities. Apart from this there are Upashrays, an Ayambilshala and a Jnanabhandar. The teertha is situated amidst beautiful natural surroundings. The temple is enclosed by scenic beauty that mesmerises and fascinates the pilgrims. The calm and tranquil environment and the surrounding greenery make it a suitable place for religious activities. The kshetra is well connected to road, rail and air. Taxi services and bus services are easily available here. The nearest bus stop is located at Sirohi. The nearest railway station is located at Sirohi at a distance of 3 kms. The nearest airport is located at Ahmedabad and Udaipur. The chief city of Bamanwada is located at a distance of 4 km from this teerth kshetra.
|More Articles in Jain Pilgrimages in India (298)|