History of Shri Antariksh Teerth
According to history Shri Antariksh Teerth dates back to the ancient time. It is believed that the idol of the Lord Parshvanatha was made by Mali and Sumali, the brother-in-law of King Ravana. The idol is made of sand. The idol then remained unseen for a long time. Later in the year 1142 of the Vikram Samvat Era it was unearthed from the ground. On the fifth day of the bright half of the month of Magha in the year 1942 of the Vikram Samvat Era it was installed in a new temple at the revered hands of Acharya Abhaydevsurishvarji. Later the temple was repaired and renovated many times. The idol of the Lord was later reinstalled on the fifth day of the bright half of the month of Chaitra in the year 1715 of the Vikram Samvat Eera. The idol of Lord Parshvanatha is believed to possess miraculous powers. Devotees from far off places visit the temple to offer their prayers. It is believed that if prayed with all devotion the Lord fulfils the wishes of the pilgrims.
Temple of Shri Antariksh Teerth
The temple of Shri Antariksh Teerth houses the idol of Lord Parshvanatha. The temple has been magnificently decorated with intricate artistic designs. The creative temple work boast about the skills of the craftsmen. The idol of the Lord is 107 cm in height and is black in colour. It is seated in a semi padmasana posture and is installed in the cellar. The idol has been beautifully carved from a single stone and looks very appealing. The smiling face of the Lord looks very calm and serene. Apart from this there is an attractive artistic pinnacle temple of Lord Vighnahara Parshvanatha.
The Temple of Shri Antariksh Teerth organises many annual gatherings and functions. Every year a fair is held on the third day of the bright half of the month of Phalgun. It is also celebrated on the tenth day of the dark half of the month of Magasar. There are provisions for dharamshalas or rest houses for the pilgrims. These are well equipped with all modern facilities. Apart from this there are Upashrays, an Ayambilshala and a Jnanabhandar. The temple is enclosed by scenic beauty that enthrals and fascinates the pilgrims. The calm and tranquil environment and the surrounding greenery make it a suitable place for religious activities. The kshetra is well connected to road, rail and air. Taxi services and bus services are easily available here. This teerth is at a distance of 19 kilometres from its nearest railway station, Vasim and at a distance of 72 kilometres from Akola.