Early Life of Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar
Yuvaraja Sri Sir Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar was born in 1888 at the Mysore Palace. He initially studied at the private royal school of Mysore. He was an intelligent student. He was educated and trained by eminent people like P. Raghavendra Rao, Sir Stuart Fraser and others. Later he completed his higher studies from the Mayo College in Ajmer, Rajasthan. But he became very sick during his studies at the Mayo College and thus Narasimharaja went back to Mysore. There he continued his training and studies under the guidance of Captain Heale. On 1st January 1918, Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar was granted the personal style of His Highness by the viceroy of India.
Activities of Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar
Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar was a much accomplished and talented public speaker and traveled a lot for various administrative purposes. He was an outstanding horseman and played Polo along with his elder brother Nalwadi Krishnarajendra Wodeyar to bring glory to the official team of the Kingdom of Mysore.
Narasimharaja was a fervent benefactor of music and was also much enthusiastic about literature and books.
Personal Life of Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar
Yuvaraja Sri Sir Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar was married to the daughter of Dalavay Devaraja Urs, named Kempu Cheluvaja Ammanni Avaru, on 17th June 1910. The royal couple had one son and three daughters namely, Jayachamaraja Wodeyar, Vijayalakshmi Ammani Avaru, Sujayakantha Ammani Avaru and Jayachamunda Ammani Avaru.
Titles of Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar
Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar held several titles through out his reign. These are mentioned below-
* Yuvaraja Sri Kanthirava Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, Yuvaraja of Mysore (1888- 1911)
* Yuvaraja Sri Sir Kanthirava Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, Yuvaraja of Mysore, KCIE (1911- 1915)
* Yuvaraja Sri Sir Kanthirava Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, Yuvaraja of Mysore, GCIE (1915- 1918)
* His Highness Yuvaraja Sri Sir Kanthirava Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, Yuvaraja of Mysore, GCIE (1918- 1940)
Honours of Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wodeyar
* Delhi Durbar Gold Medal (1911)
* Knight Grand Commander of the Order of the Indian Empire, GCIE (1915) and KCIE (1911)
* King George V Silver Jubilee Medal (1935)
* King George VI Coronation Medal (1937)
(Last Updated on : 22-03-2012)
|More Articles in Indian Princes during British Rule (96)|