* The king provided 5,000 troops of horse cavalry to fight against the Pindaris,
* The Sindhia will not to increase his army during the operations against the Pindari and they would occupy the position allotted to it by the Company,
* British garrisons would be stationed into the forts of Sindhia of Asirgarh and Hindia. These forts would be restored to the Sindhia's after completion of operations against the Pandharis.
* The lands which the Pindaris had possessed needs to be restored to their actual owners
* The Sindhia agreed to repeal Article 8 of the Treaty of 1805. In this treaty the Company's Government was not allowed to enter into alliances with the States of Rajputana.
This treaty had disarmed the Sindhia thereby putting Company into a great advantageous position. The Sindhia had friendly relations with the Company and constitutionally and hypothetically he was still independent.
The Maratha chiefs became more humble though they did not become submissive to the loss of their independence. Secretly they resorted to combined actions under Peshwa's leadership. The British Residency located in Poona was attacked and burned on 5th November 1817. However, Brigadier-General Smith occupied Poona on 13th November and Peshwa escaped. The Nagpur troops under the supervision of Appa Sahib declared war against the British on 26th November 1817. The Council of Regency for Holkar declared a war against the foreigner.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|More Articles in Warren Hastings (10)|