Early Life of Bombay Jayashri
Bombay Jayashri Ramnath started receiving training from her father at the age of 4 years. Later on she underwent training under the umbrella of Smt T R Balamani Ammal. Bombay Jayashri had to move to Chennaifor this training. In her teens, Jayashri started performing on the stage. In the year 1989, she has bagged the honor of being trained by the legend Padmashri Lalgudi Jayaraman. In all its probability, Bombay Jaishri has performed in all the major institutions, festivals in India and has fetched rich acclamation from critics and Rasikas. Apart from being an established musician, Bombay Jaishri has also done graduation in Commerce from Bombay University. From the Gandharva Maha Vidyalaya, she has obtained a Diploma degree in Music.
Career of Bombay Jayashri
Bombay Jaishri has performed at many highly esteemed occasions, such as, The Music Academy, Chennai; Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, Chennai; Sri Shanmukhananda Sabha, Mumbai; Sri Shanmukhananda Sabha, New Delhi; Sangeet Sammelan, All India Radio, All India; Vasantha Habba, Nrityagram, Bengaluru; Sri Vishnudigambar Festival, New Delhi; Bhakthi Utsav, New Delhi; Spirit of Unity Concerts for National Integration, All India; Spic Macay Festivals, All India; Soorya Festival, Trivandrum at the national level. In abroad Bombay Jaishri has performed at the Festival of Asian Performing Arts, Singapore; Festival of Music in Helsinki, Finland; Festival of Sacred Voices in Lausanne, Switzerland; Thyagaraja Festival, Cleveland; Temple of Fine Arts, Global; World Music Institute, New York; Casa da Musica a Porto, Portugal; Musee des Asiatiques, France; Citi de la Musique, Paris; Sala de Camera, Spain; Museum of Sculpture and Arts, UK; Theatre De La Ville, Paris.
Playback Career of Bombay Jayashri
Bombay Jayashri has also lend her voice into films and worked with popular music directors to name a few M S Vishwanathan, Illayaraja, A R Rahman, Harris Jayraj and Shankar Ehsan Loy. Some popular songs of her are from the films, Bharathi, Iruvar, Minnale, Kaakka Kaakka.
In the prestigious audio book autobiography of the then Indian President Abdul Kalam, Wings of Fire and Agni Chiragugal, produced by Karadi Tales, Jayashri has sung Thirukural and an Annamacharya verse. Nari Nari - an Arabic/Hindi track with top Egyptian performer Hisham Abbas; Assalo - a Senegalese/Tamil track sung along with Thione Seck, popular Senegalese musician; Bhavani and Buddhist Mantra, for the album JI, for Spanjew Productions are some of her collaborative work with international artists. Mozart Meets India, Indian Christmas, Margazhi Madiyil are 3 CDs for Tamil Maiyam. She has also composed music for Revathi's telefilm Verukku Neer. Bombay Jaishri has executed Jugalbandi with Ronu Majumdar in Chennai, Bengaluru, Muscat and Bahrain; with Subha Mudgal at Chennai; with dansuese Leela Samson at Delhi, London and Chennai.
Bombay Jayashri as a Composer
Bombay Jayashri has contributed her talent by composing masterpieces like Atma, Shravanam, Vatsalyam and Salokyam. Bombay Jayashri has also scored music for many dance productions. In recent time she has presented one of her recent magnum level composition for an operatic presentation that is for Silapadhikaaram. It is a very much-heralded Tamil treatise that through ragas, styles, voices, and instruments describes various emotions. They are usually extradited in folk, traditional classical, devotional music, light music, pure rhythmic pattern ensembles, by using light classical, Hindustani ragas, Carnatic, Folk and Devotional compositions.
Charity Events of Bombay Jayashri
Bombay Jaishri has also participated at many charity concerts for the cure of Mentally Challenged Women, The Banyan, Chennai in the year 2001; For the cure for Cancer Patients, Vasantha Memorial Trust, Coimbatore and Vasantha Memorial Trust, Mumbai in the year 2002; For the handicapped and disabled children's home, Taman Megah Handicapped and Disabled Children's Home and Trinity Children's Home, Malaysia in the year 2003; For the cure of Tuberculosis patients, Reach, Chennai, for an orphanage, Stepping Stones Home, Malaysia in the year 2004; For the cure of Multiple Sclerosis Patients, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India, Bangalore and for the cure of Mentally Challenged Women The Banyan, Chennai in the year 2005; performed for a visually challenged audience at the Ramana Blind School, Bengaluru in 2006; for the cure of Mentally Challenged Women, The Banyan, Chennai and for the children of Give Life, Chennai in the year 2007.
Bombay Jaishri has performed at the organizations like, The Music Academy, Shanmukhananda Sabha (Mumbai), Krishna Gana Sabha (Chennai), Indian Fine Arts (Chennai), Mylapore Fine Arts Club (Chennai), Kalangan (Delhi), ramakrishna Bhajana Mandali (Bengaluru), Gayana Samaj (Bungaluru), Seshadripuram Rama Seva Samithi (Bengaluru).
Awards of Bombay Jayashri
When Bombay Jayashri was only 25 years old, she received the first award given by CMANA to the best artiste. In the year 1992, she was presented the title of Yuva Kala Bharathi by Bharat Kalachar. Throughout her professional career she has won many accolades.
* Received the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for best playback singer 2005 from The Chief Minister in the year 2007,
* Honoured Shanmukha Sangeetha Shiromani by Shanmukhananda Sabha, Mumbai,
* Conferred by S M Krishna, Governor of Maharashtra in the year 2006;
* Awarded M S Subbalakshmi Puraskar by Vishaka Music Academy, Vishakapatnam,
* conferred By Shri Nedunuri Krishnamurthy in the year 2006;
* Received the prominent Sangeetha Choodamani Award from Dr. A C Muthiah from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha in the presence of her Guru Shri. Lalgudi G Jayaraman in the year 2005;
* Conferred the title of Atma Vanishri from Poojya Shri Shantananda Swami of the Temple of Fine Arts at Varanasi, in the presence Tabla Maestro, Pt. Kishan Maharaj in the year 2003;
* Mani Makudam by Rajalakshmi Fine Arts, Coimbatore in the year 2002;
* received the Kalki Award from Director K Balachander, Cine Director on behalf of the Kalki Krishnamoorthy Trust in the year 2002;
* Conferred the title of Naadabhooshanam by Shanmukhananda Sangeetha Sabha, New Delhi in the year 2001;
* Declared as Asthana Vidhushi of the Shringeri Mutt by the Mahasannidhanam in the year 2001;
* Conferred the title of Isai Peroli by Dr. P Chidambaram, Union Minister of Finance, on behalf of the Karthik Fine Arts, in the presence of Music Maestro Balamurali Krishna in the year 1997;
* Title of Yuva Kala Bharati conferred by Bharat Kalachar, Chennai in the year 1992.
|More Articles in Indian Classical Vocalists (93)|