According to Vastu, the cosmos is full of beneficial energies which we must learn to approach as well as keep in balance if we wish to experience a state of well-being. Earth is a third planet among the nine planets and the only place where life exist due to the presence of Panchbhootas. All materials in the world, irrespective of their size, shape, colour, physical or chemical compositions have embedded their origins from one of the Panchbhootas. They enjoy peculiar vibration levels, which is evading the intelligence of human beings.
Earth- Earth is the first and foremost element of nature which exerts maximum energy. It is necessary to consult the land you are purchasing, as plot’s soil, area everything matters in Vastu. The selection of site is considered very important in Vastu element. A detailed inspection of soil, plot, site, shape and size has to be done before commencing the construction. Earth is the most important element in Vastu and influence human lives in every way.
Water-Water is present on earth in the form of rain, ocean, sea and rivers. It is the second foremost element considered in Vastu. Vastu provides proper directions for the placement of water sources. Water is an element of north-east. As far as the flow of domestic water is concerned, it should be drained out of north-east only. The water bodies such as swimming pool and aquarium etc need to be made in north-east, this direction is auspicious and suitable for water.
Fire-Fire is considered as an element of south-east. In a house kitchen fire or electrical gadgets shall be placed in south-east. Light is the essence of life, and sun is the natural light giver. Fire is the basis of all sources of energy including thermal power and atomic power. There should be proper ventilation for sunlight being necessary and natural source of light for human beings.
Air-Air is a necessary thing for all of us living on this earth. In Vastu air is another important element which is considered before applying it. Air is an element of north-east. Air consists of various gases on earth like oxygen, nitrogen, helium, carbon dioxide etc. A balanced percentage of different gases, atmospheric pressure and humidity level are important for living beings on this earth. There are important directions for windows and doors in Vastu so as to receive a good amount of air.
Space-Sky is never ending and our space is full of constellations, galaxies, star, moon, sun and all the nine planets. It is also called universe which is known as ‘Brahamand’- the place of god. Space has a very important place in our lives and Vastu gives different directions for better space. Indian houses used to have open space in the centre of the house. Aakash is a brahmasthan which should be an open place, any disturbance related to space in house would lead to detrimental results.
Directions in Vastu Shastra
Other than the elements, the directions in Vastu Shastra are the most important factor of this ancient practice. When constructing a house, making sure that everything is in the right corner is of utmost importance and this is why it is necessary for people to know all about this. Here are the eight directions in Vastu Shastra and their specific characteristics:
1. East: East stands for sunrise, or new beginnings. It is very advantageous for people who are trying to end something bad and getting started with something new. It is the direction of prosperity. Here are the things in the house that can be in the eastern part of the house or face the eastern direction:
2. West: West, is probably the most pitiable direction. Out of all the Vastu directions, this is the one that has more instructions for "don’ts" than "dos". People who live in the western part of the house or have entrances opening to the west direction do not lead a happy life or a prosperous one. The west is the direction where the sun sets, which means that this direction is not really good for beginnings. There are the things that one needs to be aware of about the western direction:
3. North: North is the direction that is best for the business people who are interested in applying some Vastu in their lives. The planet that rules over this direction is mercury, which makes it really beneficial for people to have offices in this direction. In fact, it has been found that the UV rays cast by the sun have the least negative effect in the northern parts, so having any open space in the northern area would be a good move. The north is really auspicious and the following steps have to be taken care of when one is trying to take advantage of Vastu for better life.
4. South: The south is quite a contradictory direction. There is some fear among those who follow Vastu Shastra about this direction. This is because of the fact that there are mixed feelings about whether this direction works for people or not. Say, if one builds a house with a south facing entrance, they might be successful for the first few years, but after that the money will begin to stagnate and eventually start decreasing. Hence, it is better to use the south direction in cycles, so as to keep all the bad luck far away.
5. North-East: North-east is the direction of god. It is the most auspicious one and it is known to promote positive aspects in men and women. When taking care of the northern corner or side of the structure, remember the following details to take advantage of Vastu:
6. North-West: The north-west is the direction that handles interpersonal relationships. The kind of relationships people have with the other members of the family certainly depends on the same. Here are a few things that you would certainly have to keep in mind:
7. South-East: South-east is the direction of the logical and reasoning person. Here are some of the important things you need to know about this direction:
8. South-West: This is the direction of the demons, the opposite of north-east. As a result of this, it can command the business field and the decisions made in that field. Here are some important things for you to keep in mind:
(Last Updated on : 10-01-2015)
|More Articles in Vastu Shastra (145)|