Kesgarh Fort or Kesgarh Qila was constructed in Anandpur Sahib by Guru Gobind Singh and currently the fort is the 'Takhat' known as 'Kesgarh Sahib'. The fort was erected in order to safeguard the Sikhs. The construction of this fort commenced in the year 1689. Kesgarh Fort is amongst the five forts established at Anandpur Sahib and it took a period of 10 years to finish the construction work of the fort.
Located at a distance of nearly 30 kms away from the southern portion of Ferozpur, the Faridkot Fort is about 800 years of age and was erected by Raja Mokulsi. The fort occupies an area measuring 10 acres and its unique European architecture is one of the major highlights of the fort, being shaped by expert artisans. One will come across wonderful paintings inside the Sheesh Mahal of the fort which are inspired by Rajasthani art and it is believed that this chamber was employed as a prayer room by the royal family.
Bahadurgarh Fort is present at a distance of 6 kms away from Patiala and is over 123 years old. The fort was started to be developed in the year 1658 under the supervision of Nawab Saif Khan and was accomplished during the rule of Maharaja Karam Singh. A moat measuring about 58 feet in width and 25 feet in depth as well as two circular battlements are existent in the fort premises. Religious buildings comprising the Tomb of Saif Khan, Saif Khan's Mosque and Gurdwara Sahib Patshai Nauvin also exist within the fort.
Qila Mubarak of Patiala
Qila Mubarak is situated at Patiala and is an outstanding instance of Sikh palace architecture in the country. Visitors will observe a large quantity of mirrors of various sizes and shapes in its Darbaar Hall. Qila Mubarak possesses attractive paintings of Sikh kings which are interesting attractions of the fort. The National Trust for Arts and Cultural Heritage department of the Archaeological Survey of India or ASI supervises the renovation task of the fort, with the assistance of the Central Government and State Government of Punjab.
Shahpur Kandi Fort
The Shahpur Kandi Fort is situated near the foothills of the Himalayan Mountain ranges at a distance of nearly 7 kms away from the city of Pathankot, the intersection point of the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab. One will receive a good view of Ravi River from this fort which was built during the 16th century with the aide of funds of Bhao Singh. The fort was named in the honour of the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan and currently it has been developed into a rest house.
Constructed by Bhatti Rao about over 1800 years ago, Bathinda Fort is a significant historical spot of the region of Amritsar. Maharaja Ala Singh of Patiala had conquered the fort in the period around 1754 AD. Guru Gobind Singh had paid visit to the Bathinda Fort and a Gurdwara was also set up close to the fort in the memory of the visit of the 10th Sikh Guru.
Phillaur Fort is present in the town of Phillaur and is a part of Ludhiana in Punjab. It is said that the fort was created by an Italian engineer and its design was conceptualised by Dewan Mokham Chand. Much later, the fort was transferred to the police. The fort is so named after Sanghera Jat Phul and is currently employed as a police training centre.