History of Sri Aur Teerth
According to history Shri Varang Teerth dates back to the ancient times. Earlier the teerth kshetra was known as Aud. Many inscriptions of the year 1141 can be seen on the parikar of the idol of Ambika Devi. Inscriptions of the year 1242 of the Vikram Samvat Era can be seen on other idols in the Kayotsarga posture. These are located on the pandal in the temple. As per reference the idol of the Lord was installed during the renovation of the temple in the fifteenth century. The idol of Bhagwan Rishabh Dev is believed to possess miraculous powers. Thousands of Jains and non Jains from far off places visit the temple to offer their prayers. It is believed that if prayed with all devotion the Lord fulfils the wishes of the pilgrims.
Temple of Sri Aur Teerth
The temple of Sri Aur Teerth houses the idol of Bhagwan Rishabh Dev. The temple has been magnificently decorated with intricate artistic designs. The creative temple work boast about the skills of the craftsmen. The walls and pillars of the temple are adorned with specimens of ancient art and paintings. The idol of the Lord is white in colour and is seated in a padmasana posture. The idol has been beautifully carved from a single stone and looks very appealing. The smiling face of the Lord looks very calm and serene.
The Temple of Sri Aur Teerth organises many annual gatherings and functions. There are provisions for dharamshalas or rest houses for the pilgrims. These are well equipped with all modern facilities. Apart from this there are Upashrays, an Ayambilshala and a Jnanabhandar. The teerth is situated amidst beautiful natural surroundings. Being located on the hill the temple is enclosed by scenic beauty that mesmerises and fascinates the pilgrims. The calm and tranquil environment and the surrounding greenery make it a suitable place for religious activities. The kshetra is well connected to road, rail and air. Taxi services and bus services are easily available here. The nearest railway station from this teerth kshetra is located at Abu Road which is at a distance of 6 kilometers.
|More Articles in Jain Pilgrimages in India (298)|