* Chandigarh was originally considered as a capital of Punjab, therefore it shoul should be handed over to Punjab.
* The Punjabi speaking regions should me merged with Punjab which needs to be identified by the linguistic experts. This was a long time demand of the Shiromani Akali Dal that should be approved.
* Punjab should be handling the supervision of headworks and if required the Reorganisation Act should be amended.
* Mrs Indira Gandhi's award of the Ravi Beas distribution that was given away during emergency needs to be revised on certain principles in a manner that justice should be done to Punjab.
* As the Sikhs possess special aptitude and martial qualities, the present ratio of in the army should be maintained.
* The unrestrained behaviour imparted to the settlers in the Terai region of Uttar Pradesh in the name of land reforms should be ceased by making appropriate amendments to the ceiling law.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to firstname.lastname@example.org
|More Articles in Modern History of India (1499)|