(Last Updated on : 23/05/2014)
Kichha is a town in Udham Singh Nagar district
with its own municipality board where the administration is set up.
For identification of a town's (Kichha) features it becomes crucial for a person to develop familiarity with the demography of a town first. To fulfil such motive, a handful of demographers have been appointed for conducting relevant surveys in the Kichha town as well. Thus extensive reports have been formulated which provide data like literacy rate, population status of Kichha. The most prominent is the census report that has been brought out in the year 2001. As per the population census report in the year 2001, Kichha has got a population of 30,517. Out of the total population, the male population comprises of 53 percent. Female populace constitutes of 47 percent. Thus it can be said that in Kichha number of males is more than females. In Kichha, children who fall into the age group of less than six years constitute of 11 percent.
People belonging to varied communities have settled down in Kichha, Uttarakhand. Hindu
community forms the majority thus constituting 65 percent. The remaining 35 percent constitutes of Muslim community. The Sikhs Community
, Baniyas Community
, Punjabi Community and some labourers of Bengali Community dominate the community of Hindus in Kichha. The Malik's Arain, Khan, Qureshi, and Ansari constitute whole of the Muslim community.
Literacy rate too acts vital information about Kichha. It is to be noted that the average literacy rate of Kichha is 56 percent, which is even lower than that of the entire nation. 59.5 percent is the average literacy of India. Males are more inclined to education, which is quite evident from its literacy rate. In other words, male literacy rate constitutes 63 percent. However, female literacy rate is less, thereby constituting only 49 percent.
Education has been given much emphasis in Kichha. "A degree college for girls" and a "Government Inter College for Boys" are found here.