(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Madanpur is a 'census town' situated in the Nadia district of the eastern state of India, West Bengal. It is under the jurisdiction of the Chakdaha police station of the Kalyani subdivision. Located on the banks of the River Hooghly, it is about 50 km. from Kolkata, the state capital and at a distance of 18 km. from Bhatpara.
The town of Kalyani is located at a distance of 3 km. The towns of Chakdah in the north, Dogachia and Balandi in the south and Baikunthapur and Muratpur in the west, surround it. The nearest railway station is the Madanpur Railway Station and the nearest airport is the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport. It is located between 23.02° North latitude and 88.48° East longitude at a height of 9 metres (29 feet) above mean sea level.
As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Madanpur had a population of 12,029. To be specific, the males comprises of 52% of the population while female account for the remaining 48%. In Madanpur, 9% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town which highlights the status of the population. The average literacy rate of Madanpur is 81% which is higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. In this census town the male literacy rate is 85% and the female literacy rate is 76%. The reason for high literacy rate of the town is the good educational facilities which the administration provides. There are two higher secondary schools, four secondary schools and several primary schools.
More on West Bengal
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
|• ||History of Chennai|
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India`s fourth largest city. History of Chennai encompasses the events of the south Indian history, colonialism and then the massive growth of the city during the 20th century.
Kiriburu is situated in the state of Jharkhand. Kiriburu is a residential locale in West Singhbhum district and is situated at a height of 4,300ft from man sea level. It is one of the twin hill stations along with Meghahatuburu.
Unakoti is an archaeological venue in Tripura. This spot also has the importance of pilgrimage tourism. It is a Shaivite place of offering worships with idols and rock-cut images of Lord Shiva and other Hindu deities.
|• ||Lal Mahal|
Lal Mahal of Pune is one of the most famous monuments of Pune. It was built during the rule of Marathas. Shivaji stayed there for many years until he had captured his first fort.
|• ||Lotus Mahal in Hampi|
Lotus Mahal, also called, Chitragani Mahal and Kamal Mahal, is located in the Zenana enclosure of Hampi. It was built in the Indo-Islamic style. It is believed that the royal women used to come here to mingle during evening.