(Last Updated on : 14/09/2012)
V. R. Dinesh Nayak was born on May 17, 1975 in Ernakulam, Kerala
. This eminent Indian field hockey defender from India, V. R. Dinesh Nayak made his international debut in the year 1993 for the Men's National Team during the test series against Kenya. He was nicknamed Kaka. At the 2000 Summer Olympics held at Sydney, Australia, Nayak delineated his native country. In the tournament India finished in seventh place.
V. R. Dinesh Nayak did his Bachelor of Arts
in History from University of Madras
, Chennai. By occupation he is an Assistant Manager of Indian Bank. Presently he represents the Indian Bank Team. In the domestic front he has played the tournaments, Senior Nationals -- Mar 1999 - Hyderabad
(2nd), May 1997 - Bangalore (2nd); National Games -- June 1997 - Bengaluru
; Muruguppa Gold Cup -- July 1998 - Chennai
(lost in semi-final).
The international championships he has played:
* Olympics -- Sep 2000 - Sydney (7th)
* Champions Trophy -- Aug/Sep 2002 - Cologne (4th)
* Asian Games -- Sep/Oct 2002 - Busan, South Korea (2nd)
* Indo-Pak Series -- Feb/Mar 1998 - Lost 3-4
* Sultan Azlan Shah Cup -- Feb 2000 - Kuala Lumpur (3rd)
* Prime Minister's Gold Cup -- Prime Minister's Gold Cup
* Indira Gandhi Gold Cup --- 1996 - Lucknow
* European Tour -- Aug 2002 - Amstelveen (Last in 4-Nation); Jan 2000 -
Barcelona (3rd in 4-Nation); Jan 2000 - Canada (1-0-0); Jan 2000 -
Belgium (2-0-1); Jun 1999 - Germany (1-3-0); Jun 1999 - Belgium (3-0-1);
Aug 1998 - Hamburg (Last in 4-Nation).
* New Zealand Tour -- Jun 2001 - Lost 1-2-1
* South African Tour -- Aug 1999 - Johannesburg - Lost 0-3-2, 1 GOAL
* Test Series -- 1993 - India vs. Kenya; Feb/Mar 2001 - vs. Germany - Lost 1-2; Nov 1998 - vs. Sri Lanka - Won 3-0.