Lemonade is a mixture of normal water, lemon juice and sugar with a pinch of salt. When spices like black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder and ginger are added to the basic lemonade drink, it is called Shikanji.
Ingredients for Shikanji
Method for Shikanji:
1. Take two cups of water in a bowl.
2. Add the lemon juice, ginger, sugar, black salt, cumin powder and pepper powder.
3. Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
4. Adjust the sugar and black salt as per your taste.
5. Pour the Shikanji into glasses.
6. Add ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves.
7. Serve immediately.
Notes for Shikanji:
1. One can also chill the Shikanji in the refrigerator.
2. This is a traditional recipe, however people can experiment using mint leaves, rose water etc.
3. Instead of water, one can use soda for Soda Shikanji.
4. A pinch of green cardamom powder can be added for variation.
5. Jaggery syrup or honey can also be used instead of sugar.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to email@example.com
Ayurvedic Diet for Summer