History of Shri Posaliya Teerth
According to history Shri Posaliya Teerth dates back to the ancient times. The idol of the Lord in the temple is named as Posli Parshvanatha after the name of the Posaliya village. It is adorned with nine hoods. As per a document this temple has been constructed by the Sangha in the year 1750. On the idol an inscription of the year 1745 has been found on the idol. The idol of Lord Parshvanatha is believed to possess miraculous powers. Many devotees from different places visit the temple to offer their prayers. It is believed that if prayed with all devotion the Lord fulfils the wishes of the pilgrims.
Temple of Shri Posaliya Teerth
The temple of Shri Posaliya Teerth houses the idol of Lord Parshvanatha. The temple has been magnificently decorated with intricate artistic designs. The creative temple work boast about the skills of the craftsmen. The walls and pillars of the temple are adorned with specimens of ancient art and paintings. The idol of the Lord is 45 cms in height and is white in colour. It is seated in a padmasana posture. The idol has been beautifully carved from a single stone and looks very gorgeous. The divine face of the Lord appears to be very calm and serene. The idol is adorned with nine hoods.
The Temple of Sri Posaliya Teerth organizes many annual gatherings and functions. There are provisions for dharamshalas or rest houses for the pilgrims. These are well equipped with all modern facilities. Apart from this there are Upashrays, an Ayambilshala and a Jnanabhandar. The teerth is situated amidst beautiful natural surroundings. The temple is enclosed by scenic beauty that mesmerizes and fascinates the pilgrims. The calm and tranquil environment and the surrounding greenery make it a suitable place for religious activities. The kshetra is well connected to road, rail and air. Taxi services and bus services are easily available here. The nearest railway station is located at Eranpur on the Shirohi Pali highway that is at a distance of 20 kilometers.
|More Articles in Jain Pilgrimages in India (298)|