History of Siddhaverkoot
According to the history of Siddhaverkoot is an ancient sacred. This is a place of salvation. It is said that two Chakravarties or Emperors, ten Kamdeos and three and half crores of ascetic saints attained salvation here. Being located on a hill, the place serves as a calm and peaceful place for religious purposes. Nirvankand is an important place here. Siddhaverkoot was discovered by Bhattarak Mahendrakeertiji of Indore. He had once seen this place in his dreams during the month of Kartika Krishna V.S. 1935. Later he searched many Jain texts and then as per his dreams he searched the place. After hunting around in this place he unearthed the idols of Lord Chandraprabha and Bhagwan Rishabh Dev from the earth. He also found many ruins of two or three temples here. Bhattarak Mahendrakeertiji thus began the task of reconstruction of the place. The work began from Magha Shukla V.S. 1940. With time a temple was also constructed and the idols of Lord Chandraprabha and Lord Adinath was installed in it. A pond for bathing is also situated here. It is believed that the water of the pond has miraculous healing power and can cure spin disease.
Temple of Digamber Jain Kshetra
The Temple of Digamber Jain Kshetra is very ancient and has been magnificently decorated with artistic designs. It is spread over a vast area and is adorned with beautiful spires. There are many temples located here. Among these the main temple is dedicated to Lord Sambhavnath and is known as Bara Mandir. Apart from this the idol of Lord Chandraprabha is also located here. It was installed in V.S. 1545. Another idol of Bhagwan Rishabh Dev can also be seen here. The temple of Lord Parshvanatha has also been constructed here. Other than these there are 13 more temples located here. These house the feet images of Jain Tirthankaras. The attractive Manstambha or column of Dignity constructed here adorns the beauty of the temple. The 4th temple erected here is dedicated to Lord Bahubali while the 6th temple erected is dedicated to the two Chakravarties and ten Kamdeos.
Shri Digamber Jain Kshetra is located at the confluence of Narmada River and Kaveri River and is thus surrounded by scenic beauty. Being enclosed by hills this place looks exquisite and is a treat to the eyes. The natural beauty, calm and tranquil atmosphere attracts many pilgrims who remain spellbound. The temple organises annual gatherings during the month of Phalguna Krishna and Chaitra Krishna. It also has provisions for dharamshalas or rest houses for the pilgrims. These are well equipped with all modern facilities.
Shri Digamber Jain Kshetra is well connected to rail, road and air. Busses are easily available from different place for this place. It is 18 km away from Barwaha, on Khandwa-Indore road. The nearest railway station is at Trains Barwaha, on Khandwa-Indore line. Taxies are available from Barwaha. The nearest airport is at Indore located at a distance of 80 km.
|More Articles in Jain Pilgrimages in India (298)|