Diet Therapy for Weight Loss
Diet plays an important role in building up health for gaining weight in the natural remedy for weight loss. Nutrients which help keep the nerves relaxed are of extreme importance. Underweight persons should eat frequent small meals as they tend to feel full quickly. Meals may be divided into 6 small ones instead of 3 big ones. These may consist of 3 smaller meals and 3 substantial snacks between them.
An exclusive milk diet for rapid gain of weight has been advocated by some nature cure practitioners. The milk should be fresh and should be sipped very slowly through a straw. In the commencement of this mode of treatment:
Beverages containing caffeine like soft drinks, coffee and tea should be curtailed. Smoking should be given up. Water should not be taken with meals but half an hour before or one hour after meals.
Home Remedies for Weight Loss
Proper diet and exercise can help gain weight. There are also certain home remedies that can aid along with the effort.
1. Figs are an exceptional food remedy for increasing weight in case of thinness. Soak 2 dried figs overnight in milk and eat it before breakfast. Follow this routine for 2 months.
2. Raisins are rich in essential fatty acids that help with weight gain. Eat about 1/5th cup of dried raisins throughout the day for about a month. This is one of the easiest ways to gain weight.
3. Mangoes are rich in minerals and vitamins, and free of sodium, cholesterol and fat. The body stores the fructose from the mango as energy and fat, thus helping to put on weight. Simply drink a mango milkshake twice daily for a month.
4. Potatoes are a rich source of carbohydrates and complex sugars. So, including more potatoes in the diet will ensure weight gain.
5. Clarified butter is an excellent source of saturated fat and calories; hence it can increase body weight. Mix 1 tablespoon of clarified butter with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Eat this mixture twice daily, at least 30 minutes before lunch and dinner.
6. Almond milk is also a great way to put on some pounds. Boil milk with almonds, dried figs and dates. Strain the milk and consume it warm every single day for about a month.
7. Nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and flax seeds, are full of calories and make the perfect snack between meals. Nuts contain healthy fats and are a healthy way to increase body weight.
8. Bananas are full of calories and contain high amount of carbohydrates and potassium that give instant energy. Eat one banana every day in the morning and follow it up with a glass of warm milk sweetened with a teaspoon of sugar.
Exercise for Weight Loss
Regular exercises like walking and dancing, yoga, meditation and massage are also imperative as they serve as relaxants, lessen anxiety and stimulate good sleep. Yoga asanas which will be especially helpful are Sarvangasana, Halasana and Matsyasana.
Naturopathy and Diseases
Exercises in Naturopathy
|More Articles in Naturopathy and Diseases (100)|