Raw Juice Therapy for Arteriosclerosis
Natural remedy for arteriosclerosis involves resorting to a short juice fast for 5 to 7 days. All available fresh, raw vegetables and fruit juices in season may be consumed. Grape-fruit juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice and juices of green vegetables are particularly beneficial. A warm water enema should be used daily to cleanse the bowels during the period of fasting. Further, shorter fasts on juices may be undertaken at intervals of 3 months or so, depending on the improvement.
Diet Therapy for Arteriosclerosis
After the juice fast, the patient should take optimum diet made up from 3 basic food groups, namely (i) seeds, nuts and grains, (ii) vegetables and (iii) fruits, with emphasis on raw foods. The patient should take a number of small meals instead of a few large ones. Cold pressed vegetable oils, particularly safflower oil, flax seed oil and olive oil should be used on a regular basis.
The patient should avoid all hydrogenated fats and a surplus of saturated fats, such as butter, cream, ghee and animal fat. He should also avoid meat, salt and all refined and processed foods, condiments, sauces, pickles, strong tea, coffee, white sugar, white flour and all products made from them. Foods cooked in aluminium and copper utensils should not be taken as toxic metals entering the body are known to be deposited on the walls of the aorta and the arteries. Smoking should be given up as it constricts the arteries and aggravates the condition.
Home Remedies for Arteriosclerosis
1. Recent investigations have shown that garlic and onions have a preventive effect on the development of arteriosclerosis.
2. Vitamin C has also proved valuable as it helps in the conversion of cholesterol into bile acids.
3. One of the most useful home remedies for arteriosclerosis is the lemon peel. It is believed to be one of the richest known sources of Vitamin P. It strengthens the entire arterial system. Shredded lemon peel may be added to soups and stews or sprinkled over salads.
4. Parsley is another effective home cure for arteriosclerosis. It contains element which help to maintain the blood vessels, mainly the capillaries and arterial system in a healthy condition. It may be taken as a beverage by simmering it gently in the water for a few minutes and partaking several times daily.
5. The beet juice has also proved valuable in arteriosclerosis. It is an excellent solvent for inorganic calcium deposit.
6. Juices of carrot and spinach are also advantageous. These juices can be taken individually or in combination.
Water Therapy for Arteriosclerosis
Prolonged neutral immersion baths at bed time on alternate days is beneficial. This bath is administered in a bath tub which should be properly fitted with hot and cold water connection.
Naturopathy and Diseases
Raw Juice Therapy
|More Articles in Naturopathy and Diseases (100)|