(Last Updated on : 15/07/2013)
Post economic liberalization, India has been encountering an upsurge in the economy. Both National and International companies have been investing their money in our country. With increased financial liberalization a wide array and a wide variety of jobs have been available to an MBA with specialization in finance.
Benefits of doing MBA in Finance
Today, an individual who has done MBA with specialization in finance learns a variety of subjects like corporate finance, costing, budgeting, international finance, working capital management, investments and securities etc that enables him to look after the financial department of any organization efficiently.
Eligibility for doing MBA in Finance
For pursuing MBA in Finance, a student needs to have completed his/her graduation in any stream. However, it is preferable that the candidate is good with numbers.
Entrance Examination for doing MBA in Finance
There are no separate entrance examinations for MBA in Finance. The admission procedure includes qualifying the entrance examinations like CAT
, MAT etc for pursuing business management courses in any management institute. The entrance test includes testing of proficiency in English
, problem solving, data analysis and interpretations, critical reasoning and general awareness of socio-economic environment. Group discussions and personal interviews are also conducted after the written tests through which the candidates are assessed for admission.
Future Prospects of MBA in Finance
Candidates who have done their MBA in finance have the option of working with leading banks or with leading finance companies other than banks. They can also work as security analyst or work with brokerage firms and deal with foreign currency transactions either in bank or in a manufacturing company. The candidate may also be involved in fields such as accounting and auditing.
Institutes Offering MBA in Finance
* Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
* SP Jain, Mumbai
* Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
* Indian Institute of Management (all centres like Lucknow
* K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
* Lal Bahadur Shastri
Institute of Management, Delhi
* Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Chennai
* International School of Business & Media (ISB&M), Pune
* National Institute of Bank Management, Pune
* Balaji Institute of Technology & Management, Pune
* Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Ghaziabad
* SCMS School of Business, Kochi
* School of Management, KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar
* Skyline Business School, Delhi