Shunya mudra is also known as ‘Mudra for heaven’. Shunya mudra gives the eternal bliss. This mudra is especially good for ear problems. This mudra is practiced with the middle finger. And middle finger represents the sky. So it is said that this is gateway to higher dimension or to heaven. Ancient texts speak of Shunya Mudra as harnessing the energies of the thumb and middle fingers, (fire and ether), to access the ‘Heavenly Realm’.
Concept of Mudra
Mudras are hand gestures that have developed and been used in ancient India for a long time. They are an intrinsic part of yogic healing. Mudras are said to work by redirecting the balance of the 5 elements in the body.
Steps of Shunya Mudra
Practicing Shunya Mudra needs to follow some movements or motion of fingers. The Shunya mudra is very effective, especially when done with the Akash Mudra. One can go through with this mudra at any time and at any place, and it is helpful to do in meditative pose, in "Sukhasana" or "Tadasana".
1. Bend the middle finger so that its tip rests on the mound of the thumb.
2. Bend the thumb until it presses lightly on the middle finger.
3. All other fingers should point straight up to the sky.
4. This mudra can be performed for 45 minutes every day or can be performed in three sessions of 15 minutes each.
5. The Shunya Mudra is usually performed with both hands.
Benefits of Shunya Mudra
Shunya mudra, if practiced daily can lead to the curative effects on earaches. The following benefits can be gained by exercising this mudra for advised time.
|More Articles in Types of Mudras (62)|