Moreover, when the fingers and hands are placed on the knees, the knees are sensitised creating another Pranic circuit that maintains and redirects Prana within the body. It is believed by the Yoga experts that the Chin Mudra stimulates a "Nadi' when the hands are placed on the knees. In this process the energy runs from the knees up to the inside of the thighs and into the perineum. In addition to that in the Chin Mudra, when the palms face upwards, the chest and heart are unfastened. The process in the Chin Mudra involves closing of eyes and fixing the gaze at the nose tip, mid-eyebrow centre, heart centre, navel centre or anywhere.
Benefits of Chin Mudra
* Chin Mudra stimulates the energies at the Mooladhara chakra
* It creates a pranic circuit that maintains and redirects prana within the body
* Chin Mudra is alos known to reduce Lower Back Pain, but it is suggested to recite "Wung R Hong".
* Chin Mudra also reduces unnecessary tension and stress in a person
* Chin Mudra improves concentration and helps during meditation
* This Mudra enhances energy and reduces lethargic tendencies