(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Nainwa is a city located in Bundi
district of the western state of India, Rajasthan
. It is located in the northeast of Bundi, the district headquarters at a distance of 55 km. Geographically, the town is located between 25.77° North latitude and 75.85° East longitude at a height of 291 metres (954 feet) above mean sea level. The nearest connecting points are Kota
Airport and the Indargarh Railway Station.
The Census report provides detail information about the demography of the town. According to the Indian Census report published in 2001, Nainwa had a population of 15,172. Males constitute 52 percent of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48 percent. In Nainwa, 16 percent of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town, which is 61 percent. It is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5 percent. The male literacy rate is 72 percent and the female literacy rate is 48 percent.
A prime attraction in the vicinity of Nainwa is Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary.
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
|• ||History of Chennai|
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India`s fourth largest city. History of Chennai encompasses the events of the south Indian history, colonialism and then the massive growth of the city during the 20th century.
Kiriburu is situated in the state of Jharkhand. Kiriburu is a residential locale in West Singhbhum district and is situated at a height of 4,300ft from man sea level. It is one of the twin hill stations along with Meghahatuburu.
Unakoti is an archaeological venue in Tripura. This spot also has the importance of pilgrimage tourism. It is a Shaivite place of offering worships with idols and rock-cut images of Lord Shiva and other Hindu deities.
|• ||Lal Mahal|
Lal Mahal of Pune is one of the most famous monuments of Pune. It was built during the rule of Marathas. Shivaji stayed there for many years until he had captured his first fort.
|• ||Lotus Mahal in Hampi|
Lotus Mahal, also called, Chitragani Mahal and Kamal Mahal, is located in the Zenana enclosure of Hampi. It was built in the Indo-Islamic style. It is believed that the royal women used to come here to mingle during evening.