(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Mauganj is a small settlement situated in the Rewa district of the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is located in the east of Rewa, the district headquarters town at a distance of 50 km. The NH 7 passes through the town. It is easily accessible from the Jabalpur airport and the Majhgawan Railway station in the Satna district. Geographically, the town is located between 24.68° North latitude and 81.88° East longitude, resting at a height of 313 metres (1026 feet) above mean sea level.
Detailed information of the town can be drawn from the Indian Census report published in 2001. According to this report, Mauganj had a population of 22,989. To be specific, males account for 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Mauganj, 18% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town which gives an idea about the the status of the population. The average literacy rate of Mauganj is 52% which is much lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 63% and the female literacy rate is 41%.