(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Masaurhi is a city situated in Patna district of the eastern state of India, Bihar. It is strategically located near the NH 83. The district headquarters of Jehanabad district, Jehanabad, is located in the south at a distance of 17 kms and Patna, the capital of Bihar, is in the north at a distance of 32 kms. The nearest railway station is the Jehanabad Railway Station, on the Patna-Gaya rail route in the south of Masaurhi at a distance of 17 kms and the nearest airport is the Patna Airport.
As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Masaurhi had a population of 46,943. Males account for 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Masaurhi, 17% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Masaurhi is 56%, which is lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate of Masaurhi is 65% and the female literacy rate is 46%.