(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
Manohar Thana is a 'census town' located in the Jhalawar
district of the western state of India, Rajasthan
. It is in the southeast of Jhalawar at a distance of 90 kms and at a distance of 126 km from Bhopal. The literal meaning of Manohar Thana is Beautiful Outpost. The Biyavra Rajgarh Railway Station and the Kota
airport are the nearest 'access points', which facilitates communication.
Detailed information about the town is imperative in order to know the status of the population. According to the Indian census report of 2001, Manohar Thana had a small population of 9227. Males account for 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Manohar Thana, 18% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Manohar Thana is 64%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 73% and the female literacy rate is 54%.
Manohar Thana Fort is a major landmark of the town. The convergence of two rivers, Parvan and Kaalikhad, is another attraction of the town.