(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Manihari is a city located in Katihar district of the eastern state of India, Bihar. It is in the south of Katihar, the district headquarters at a distance of 25 kms. It is located on the banks of the holy Ganga River where it meets the Kosi River. Patna Airport is the nearest airport and the Katihar Junction Railway Station is the nearest major railway station. Geographically, it is located between 25.35° North latitude and 87.63° East longitude at a height of 31 metres (101 feet) above mean sea level.
As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Manihari had a population of 21, 783. Males constitute 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Manihari, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Manihari is 44% which is much lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 52% and the female literacy rate is 35%.