(Last Updated on : 22-05-2014)
Manglaur is a small city situated in Haridwar District
. The Roorkee Railway Station, on the Ambala
- Laksar rail route and the Jolly Grant Airport are the nearest 'access points'. Situated between Laksar and Jabarhera, Roorkee is an important city in the neighbourhood.
Detailed information about the town is imperative in order to know the status of the population. According to the Indian census report of 2001, Manglaur had a population of 42,782. Males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Manglaur, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Manglaur is 37%, which is much lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 43% and the female literacy rate is 30%.
The city is an idyllic tourist destination owing to its picturesque landscape and serene atmosphere. The Roorkee Group Museum and Archives, Geology and Geophysics Museum and Survey Museum are worth visiting in the vicinity.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to firstname.lastname@example.org